Created: 2013-06-13 00:00:00
ESET, a global pioneer in proactive protection for 25-years, today announced the global release of ESET® Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server. It is yet another addition to our server line of products built to safeguard sensitive company data and assets stored in databases. Businesses of all sizes can now effectively protect SharePoint servers.
Companies using ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server are secured with real-time protection of the entire server operating and also the file system. They are protected against cyber threats including those aimed at file system entry, drive-by downloads, or system exploits and vulnerabilities. In addition, ESET technology delivers proven protection while leaving more system resources for the server’s vital tasks.
“Without an additional layer of protection users can mistakenly upload compromised files to the SharePoint Server and infect the entire database. It is built on the same basis as the ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server, but adds a dedicated SharePoint protection component”,
says Ignacio, Sbampato ESET Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
The product offers antivirus and antispyware protection, rule-based filtering, smooth operation identification, ESET SysInspector and ESET SysRescue. From the 5th generation of server products, ESET LiveGrid® technology enables the company administrators to apply complex security policy for real-time on-access scanning and to perform deep on-demand and scheduled scans of the entire SharePoint data store by scanning objects within the database. Remotely manageable via ESET Remote Administrator, the product also includes rule-based filtering that, based on the several criteria including real file type, allows specifying which files to scan helping to optimize resource utilization.
Benefits of ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server:
- Antivirus and Antispyware - Eliminates all types of threats including viruses, rootkits, worms and spyware. Provides real-time on-access scanning of the server-stored data, including all the tools for fully fledged server protection, including the resident shield and on-demand scanner. The solution performs on-demand or scheduled scans of any content stored within the SharePoint database structure. ESET Self-defense prevents malware and unauthorized users from disabling the security of the system.
- Rule-based Filtering – Allows administrators to fine-tune protection by applying, setup rules based on file name, size and real file type. It enables to monitor and modify the behavior and users’ rights when uploading specific files to the SharePoint database.
- Low System Demands – Proven protection with a small foot print leaves more system resources for the server’s vital tasks.
- Smooth Operation and Identification of user accounts used in infiltration attempts – It brings in password protected uninstallation. The product automatically excludes critical server files, recognizes server software such as Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft IIS, and detects server roles. The result is lower overhead by excluding critical server files like data stores and paging files from on-access scanning.
- ESET SysInspector – Allows to perform in-depth system analysis to identify potential security risks.
- ESET SysRescue - Allows to create an automatically bootable OS image of the installed security solution to clean deeply nested malware and restore system operations.
Read more on the products’ benefits on ESET Security for Microsoft SharePoint Server product pages
ESET, the pioneer of proactive protection and the maker of the award-winning NOD32 technology which is celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2012, is a global provider of security solutions for businesses and consumers. The Company continues to lead the industry in proactive threat detection. ESET NOD32 Antivirus holds the world record for the number of Virus Bulletin "VB100” Awards, and has never missed a single “In-the-Wild” worm or virus since the inception of testing in 1998. ESET has been selected as one of the most innovative companies in Europe for the 2011 HSBC European Business Awards and holds number of accolades from AV-Comparatives, AV Test and other organizations. ESET NOD32 Antivirus, ESET Smart Security and ESET Cyber Security for Mac are trusted by millions of global users and are among the most recommended security solutions in the world.
The Company has global headquarters in Bratislava (Slovakia), with regional distribution centers in San Diego (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Singapore; with offices in Sao Paulo (Brazil) and Prague (Czech Republic). ESET has malware research centers in Bratislava, San Diego, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Prague, Košice (Slovakia), Cracow (Poland), Montreal (Canada), Moscow (Russia), and an extensive partner network for 180 countries. . For more information, visit our local office at https://www.eset.hk.
About Version 2 Limited
Version 2 Limited is one of the most dynamic IT companies in Asia. Headquartered in Hong Kong, the Company develops and distributes IT products for Internet and IP-based networks, including communication systems, Internet software, security, network, and media products. Through an extensive network of channels, point of sales, resellers, and partnership companies, Version 2 Limited offers quality products and services which are highly acclaimed in the market. Its customers cover a wide spectrum which includes Global 1000 enterprises, regional listed companies, public utilities, Government, a vast number of successful SMEs, and consumers in various Asian cities.
Version 2 Singapore Pte Ltd is the local office of Version 2 Limited.
For more information, please visit https://www.eset.hk or call (852) 2893 8860.